Monday, October 20, 2008

First time in Miri - Day 1 :-)

Landed in Miri last nite, and it was wonderful! Everything was fast and efficient - by the time I arrived at the luggage collection, my luggage was almost passing by me! Then off to the taxi coupon counter... Thank God that the coupon was only RM20! (Before this, my colleuge said that it cost RM30, but as I was going into the airport, I was asking God to reduce it to RM20... He answered!!). As I walked to the taxi stand, there're a lot of taxis leaving with passengers in it... as I walked on, another taxi just arrived and he was quick to stop and open the compartment area for my luggage. He sent me to the hotel, where they offered me cheaper price with coporate rate... I didn asked, though... wow!! And the room is niiiiiceeeee!!!! (too bad I don have a camera to shoot!!)

Nevertheless, it has been challenging when I came to work this morning. My collegue did not turn up, did not picked up when I called. He could at least inform me who to look for in the office. Then I also discovered that the IT person just knew about the training, and has just started to set up the training room That is ok, coz setting up is easy, but there was a problem connecting to the wireless! So while waiting, I chatted with my "students" and found out that the training is not going to be as usual... no one informed about the changes... talked to the PIC, he also blur blur, no one seems to know anything!! And I still can't contact my collegue!! Finally, I just do what I need to do, within the constraints, and changed the whole program... Sigh!! The training started late, and with facilities not enough, I guessed I need to "break some rules"... my client ok nia!! hahaha!

The morale of the experience is stay cool, there is always a way... just have to open eye BIG BIG! :D

No comments: